These are our top 5 tips for designing wholesale 3d metal badge:
1. Include a metal outline: Include a metal outline around each section of colour. Every colour has a raised metal border to stop the colours from bleeding with each other during production.
2. Allow enough space for colour enamel to be infilled: Enamel Pins Badges are similar to stained glass windows. Each section of colour is segmented and bordered by a metal outline, but instead of coloured glass, we used coloured enamel liquid.
In the same respect as a stained glass window, the areas of colour cannot be too small or intricate. We are not able to add colour enamel to very small or thin areas, there has to be a minimum to allow the enamel to flow into the segmented and recessed area.
3. Keep size in mind: The complexity of the design needs to correlate with the size of your wholesale 3d metal badge. If you have a complex design, we recommend going for a bigger Pin Badge (30mm +) for the best possible result.
4. Colours matter: Select colours that harmonise with each other and especially take into consideration your metal plating choice. Contrasting colours can often look great together too. It’s important to note that you can only use solid colours for your design. Colour gradients are not achievable. If you really need a pin badge with colour, please consider our Offset Pin Badge.
5. Utilise different platings: The plating for Enamel Pin Badges doesn’t have to be gold or silver. For example, if your design has black lines, go with our dyed black metal plating . All our plating options are FREE, so please take a look at the various options we offer and select the plating that works best for your design.